In the procedures of accreditation of study programs as well as lifelong learning programs, and re-accreditation of higher education institutions, the Agency forms an expert commission whose task is to evaluate the requirements in accordance with the Rulebooks and Rules of procedure for the work of the Commission.
Accreditation of study programmes
According to the Rulebook on the procedure of accreditation of study programs, the content and form of the accreditation certificate, the Agency forms an expert commission for the accreditation of study programs.
The criteria for forming a commission are:
- The Commission for accreditation of the study programme has a president and two members
- The Commission accrediting two or more related study programmes has a President and four members
- At least two members of the Commission must be University professors with academic title or scientists from scientific-research institutions at which the study programmes under evaluation are carried out.
Accreditation of life-long learning programs
According to the Rules on the accreditation procedure of a lifelong learning programme, the Agency forms a special committee as an expert body for accreditation of lifelong learning programs, which includes a majority of members from appropriate scientific and artistic areas.
The criteria for forming a committee are:
- The Committee consists of at least three members, who are elected from a list of experts by the Agency
- The members of the Committee are elected from the appropriate scientific or artistic fields.
Reaccreditation of higher education institutions
According to the Rules on the procedure for re-accreditation of higher education institutions, and in order to determine the facts relevant for making a decision on the request for re-accreditation of institutions, the Agency forms an expert Committee for re-accreditation of institutions.
The members of the commission are appointed by the Agency from a list of experts determined on the basis of a public invitation published on the Agency’s website.
The criteria for forming a Committee are:
- Minimum number of University Reaccreditation Committee members is five and three members for the reaccreditation of other institutions.
- At least three members of University Reaccreditation Committee, that is, two for the reaccreditation of other institutions, have to be university teachers with academic title or scientists from the institutes of science in which the study programmes are performed in institution under evaluation.
- At least two members for the University Reaccreditation, that is, one for the reaccreditation of other institutions, must be employed at an international university or scientific institute.
- One member of the Committee must be a student of final year of undergraduate studies, Master studies or Doctoral studies, elected on the basis of the public call of the Agency. The student must not study at the institution undergoing the evaluation and must be recognized by excellence and regularity of studies.
- One member of the Committee may be an expert in the labour market area, elected among the experts.