ACQAHE contributes to the quality improvement of higher education in Montenegro by application of European Standards and Guidelines in evaluation of higher education institutions, their study programmes and lifelong study programmes in order to ensure the integration of Montenegrin system of quality assurance of higher education into the EHEA.
Credible, internationally recognizable and competitive higher education system in Montenegro is the basis for its essential integration into the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and economic and social improvement of Montenegro.
Primary objective of ACQAHE is quality improvement of higher education institutions in Montenegro and their study programmes and the guarantee of meeting the primary standards and criteria for their public validity. The Agency meets this objective through external evaluation (accreditation of study programmes, lifelong learning programmes and reaccreditation of higher education institutions) and the institutions do it through internal quality assurance.
Special objectives are:
- Developing procedures for evaluating quality of work of the higher education institutions and their study programmes and lifelong learning programmes;
- Establish standards and criteria for evaluation in order to convert the results of work of institutions and study programmes into the quality grades;
- Ensure objectivity of evaluations through independence in the decision making, organization and results of work of the Agency;
- Provide the society with the information of the quality of work of the higher education institutions;
- Promote the internationalization of the evaluation process.